Stay with us
St Fort's sandstone homestead which was built in 1913 is nestled below the Mushroom Rock with the Little Calendon river meandering below; creating the quintessential Eastern Free State farm experience. It truly offers the ideal getaway for family and friends to enjoy a wholesome and authentic farm stay while in close proximity to Clarens.
St Fort Farmhouse has been lovingly restored into a luxurious and comfortable Guesthouse with 6 en-suite bedrooms, inviting one back to a bygone era that reflects the grandeur of pressed ceilings and wooden floors.
The Guesthouse is divided into 2 units, the Main House and the Annex. An inter-leading dining room joins the 2 units.
The Cottage is free-standing and is situated to the West of the house. This cosy cottage sleeps two and has a lovely view overlooking the dam.
St Fort Country House can be booked as separate units, or as one unit for big groups consisting of 10-12 people:
- The Main House has 3 en-suite bedrooms, a large kitchen, a spacious lounge with a log fireplace, and a dining room. A veranda overlooks the country garden with the Mushroom Rock in the background.
- The Annex has 2 en-suite bedrooms, a kitchenette, a cozy lounge with a log fireplace, and a veranda nestled in the country garden.
- The Garden Cottage sleeps two people and has a kitchenette and a log fireplace. The bathroom has a shower and bath.
- All the rooms have extra-length king-size beds and are equipped with floor fans in summer, and electric blankets plus heaters in winter.
- We can add a mattress on the floor with linen on request, for an additional charge.
- The extra-length king beds can be separated into two single beds on request.
- All units are cleaned free of charge on weekdays.
- Cleaning services over weekends and public holidays are at an additional charge and must be arranged prior to arrival.
- WiFi and Smart TVs with Netflix are available in all units.
- Firewood is provided to start a fire. Thereafter, we supply wood at an additional cost.
- For security purposes, we kindly request that NO DRONES ALLOWED